Did you know that June is National Safety Month? We deemed it appropriate to make it the perfect time to talk about some of the advanced safety features you’ll encounter as you make your way through the new car inventory at our Fond du Lac, WI Hyundai dealership.
As you probably guessed, the specific safety features you’ll find in the 2020 Hyundai Elantra may differ from the ones you’ll see in other models like the 2019 Hyundai Sonata. With that in mind, here are some of the advanced safety features you’ll come across on a variety of Hyundai models:
- Blind spot monitor: This feature warns you if another vehicle enters your blind spot area, signaling it is unsafe to change lanes.
- Rear cross-traffic alert: Paired with the blind spot monitor, it emits a signal and applies the brakes if it detects another automobile in your perpendicular path when you’re backing up.
- Adaptive cruise control: Automatically adjusts your traveling speed so that the preset distance is maintained between your vehicle and the one you’re following.
- Front collision warning and automatic emergency braking system: Determines when a front crash is imminent. When it senses that a crash is about to happen, it issues a signal and applies the brakes if you don’t react to the threat fast enough.
- Lane keeping assist: A feature that takes corrective action if you veer out of your lane without using your turn signal.
If you want to learn more about the advanced safety features you’ll discover throughout the Hyundai brand’s lineup, if or you want to see how they work, head over to Van Horn Hyundai of Fond du Lac to take a test drive in your favorite Hyundai model now!